If you don't understand the theme, try reading this sentence again.
Sometimes you come up with a bit, and sometimes you follow through with the bit. I can't really tell you that this puzzle is worth solving. I can only tell you that — in a very fundamental sense — it exists.
I clued this with Rowan in New Hampshire, where there is in retrospect probably something in the water.
Such as the crossworld is full of semiotically inclined people, there's probably something worthwhile to say about an object that signifies itself. If you have any sick metaphors or theoretical structures to extract, hmu?
Links to sites that link to sites that link to sites...
- 22-across: Bang for your buck. More husband calling, if this calls to you.
- 31-across: Doja was robbed of a Grammy for this. You know what, robbed of a Pulitzer.
- 60-across: I am not the only one haunted by Shel.
- 6-down: Did you know Ayo is the showrunner of The Kominsky Method?
- 51-down: They declined to go with the obvious headline.
- 62-down: I hope this ignites a Twitter war.